- Company News
- Corporate Finance
- Equity Research
- In Media
- M&A Know-how
- Macro and markets
- Market Snapshots
Equity research Zinzino
Today, Zinzino published its interim report for the first quarter of 2022. Below are our first impressions, including outcome and deviations from our estimates made on 11 April 2022.
- Total revenue for the first quarter amounted to SEK 334,4 million, corresponding to negative growth of 0,3 per cent. Our forecast was for SEK 331 million. The war in Ukraine has hampered development, and expansion plans into Russia are cancelled.
- Gross profit was SEK 99.3 million, corresponding to a margin of 29.7 per cent. Our expectation was 29.3 per cent. That indicates that the company can still handle rising costs, such as freight.
- Reported EBITDA amounted to SEK 25.8 million, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 7.7 per cent. The EBITDA result fell by 30.8 per cent, compared to the same quarter last year. Our estimate was SEK 33.4 million.
- Reported operating profit amounted to SEK 20.2 million, corresponding to an EBIT margin of 6.0 per cent. The EBIT result fell by 36.9 per cent, compared to the same quarter last year. Our forecast was SEK 28.7 million.
- Earnings before tax were SEK 19.9 million, compared to our forecast of SEK 28.3 million. Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.454. Our forecast was SEK 0.66.
In conclusion, we are happy to see that the company manages to deliver a gross margin slightly above our expectations. However, higher than expected operating expenses, excluding depreciation and amortisation, are weighing on profitability further down the income statement.
We intend to publish a research update report on Zinzino shortly. Read our initiation of coverage report from 11 April here.
Carlsquare AB, www.carlsquare.se, hereinafter referred to as Carlsquare, is engaged in corporate finance and equity research, publishing information on companies and including analyses. The information has been compiled from sources that Carlsquare deems reliable. However, Carlsquare cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. Nothing written in the analysis should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in any financial instrument, option, or the like. Opinions and conclusions expressed in the analysis are intended solely for the recipient.
The content may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed to any other person without the written consent of Carlsquare. Carlsquare shall not be liable for either direct or indirect damages caused by decisions made on the basis of information contained in this analysis. Investments in financial instruments offer the potential for appreciation and gains. All such investments are also subject to risks. The risks vary between different types of financial instruments and combinations thereof. Past performance should not be taken as an indication of future returns.
The analysis is not directed at U.S. Persons (as that term is defined in Regulation S under the United States Securities Act and interpreted in the United States Investment Companies Act of 1940), nor may it be disseminated to such persons. The analysis is not directed at natural or legal persons where the distribution of the analysis to such persons would involve or entail a risk of violation of Swedish or foreign laws or regulations.
The analysis is a so-called Assignment Analysis for which the analysed company has signed an agreement with Carlsquare for analysis coverage. The analyses are published on an ongoing basis during the contract period and for the usually fixed fee.
Carlsquare may or may not have a financial interest with respect to the subject matter of this analysis. Carlsquare values the assurance of objectivity and independence and has established procedures for managing conflicts of interest for this purpose.
The analysts Markus Augustsson and Fredrik Nilsson do not own and may not own shares in the analysed company.