In 2021 Carlsquare was ranked #1 in the Mergermarket DACH Ranking for investment banks/M&A consultancies. With more than 90 transactions in the past two years and more than 550 transactions since its launch 20 years ago, Carlsquare has an outstanding track record. We are closing deals – what about you?
As member of the international M&A network Globalscope, we offer integrated cross-border M&A advice for mid-cap transactions. Carlsquare is represented across Europe with 100 employees in Berlin, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Munich, London,Paris and Stockholm. Further information on Globalscope can be found at www.globalscopepartners.com.
The role and responsibilities:
You will be working in direct contact with our clients and senior professionals, leading execution on complex corporate finance projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Production of pitches, teasers and investment memoranda
- Production of integrated financial models, financial analyses and business valuations (DCF, Trading and Transaction Comparables)
- Production of sector, business and capital market analyses as well as business profiles
- Due diligence project management (set-up of virtual data rooms, Q+A)
- Independent research tasks involving businesses, markets, potential investors and targets
- Production of studies and analyses on our focus sectors
- Participation in our internal training programme
- 0 -3 years of relevant professional experience in investment banking/ corporate finance/ M&A
- For London only : one of: M&A corporate finance experience, Big Four accounting firm transaction services experience and /or German native level language (reading & writing)
- Spoken and written English at a professional level
- Relevant internships within the context of your studies
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of business evaluation and financial reporting
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and communication skills as well as team spirit
- Financial modelling experience
- Confident use of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong deal flow (c.60 deals completed across the firm in 2021), exposure to interesting sectors and transactions, meaningful career development and the opportunity to learn from industry leaders, while executing projects alongside an excellent group of Analysts
- The opportunity to participate in our global secondment programme at Carlsquare (or our Globalscope partner offices)
- Excellent career opportunities in an internationally active M&A advisory firm with a great culture.
- Are you reliable and enjoy working in a team as well as independently? Do you meet our high standards? Are you proactive, able to work under pressure and keen to develop your professional skills? Then please send your application, stating your preferred location via the apply button.